Always shave with the grain
- Rinse your shaving brush with warm water and then shake off the excess water from the brush. The remaining water in the shaving brush will help you create a fine and thick lather.
- Either rub out an almond size amount of shaving cream on your face or put it in the brush. Then apply to the skin using circular movements. Drop some extra water droplets on the brush if the lather is too hard, then build the lather on the skin using circular movements. Start the shave when you feel that the lather is sufficiently fluffy and soft.
- Set aside the shaving brush aside if you need more later and want shave an extra pass. Close the lid on the shaving cream to keep it dry after use to ensure consistency and durability.
- Place the razor straight at a 90 degree angle on the skin and then start tilting down until the blade hits the skin. This is probably for most men at a 30-40 degree angle (see image above). Then work with a light hand.
- Use short strokes along the direction of the beard.
- Do not press the razor the skin, instead let the weight of the razor “do the job”.
When done, rinse your face with lukewarm water and feel if you are happy with the shave. If not, run a second pass and re-lather your face and shave again for a final finish. When done, rinse the razor with warm water, wipe it to maintain its shine and durability. Also, do not forget the shaving brush that needs to be washed and left to dry in a moisture-free place.
Still need help? Please feel free to contact us for further assistance.
Tips & Tricks
- We recommend that you do not use the razor blades more than 3-4 times. Keeping them fresh reduces the risk of irritation.
- Preparation is key.
- Never stress.
- Never shave against the grain.
- Read our FAQ for more info about wetshaving.
- Youtube is also a good source for info on safety razor shaving.
- See your shaving routine as a chance to relax from everyday stress.